When I was younger, my mom would sometimes dress me in a school uniform. I remember her telling me that it was important to make sure the outfit looked “comfortable.” To this day, I still think about that phrase whenever I put on activewear. Comfort is probably the most important thing when you’re planning an outfit—after all, no one wants to be uncomfortable while they’re exercising or playing sports! But just because your workout clothes are comfortable doesn’t mean they can’t also look stylish and cute at the same time. In fact, with these tips from some of my favorite fashion bloggers out there on Instagram (and even myself!), you’ll learn how simple styling tricks can help elevate your activewear into something unique and special that makes you feel good every time you wear it
You can put together a stylish outfit for anything, even your workout!
With the right combination of clothes, accessories, and makeup, you can create any look. Your activewear outfit is no exception. Whether it’s a jog in the park or an intense cardio session at the gym, feel free to experiment with different styles until you find one that makes you feel the most confident look at nimble activewear.
Set yourself up for success by choosing pieces that you feel good about.
The most important thing is to choose pieces that you feel good about. You want the outfit to be something you can wear comfortably, so if it doesn’t fit well or isn’t made for your body type, then it’s not going to look great!
It’s also important to choose a style that makes you feel good about yourself. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my own experience, it’s that people will judge your outfit based on how confident and comfortable you look. So if you’re uncomfortable wearing activewear because of self-esteem issues or other reasons, then maybe this isn’t the best time for you yet!
Finally, if possible make sure all those pieces are something that allows movement! You don’t want anything restricting movement while working out–and even after hours (especially after hours).
Don’t forget about the accessories!
No matter what your style, you can always use accessories to help you stand out from the crowd. You don’t have to be a fashion-forward person to wear them—just make sure that they are something that feels authentic and fits in with your lifestyle. These pieces could include:
Choose colors that complement your skin tone and hair color.
- Choose colors that complement your skin tone and hair color.
- Find out what your skin tone is and how to choose the right colors for it.
- Find out what your hair color is, and how to choose the right colors for it.
Don’t underdress for the occasion.
- Don’t wear a sweatshirt to work. Unless you’re at a company with a laid-back culture and your boss is OK with it, this is probably not the best idea.
- Don’t wear a t-shirt to a formal event. This applies even more so than wearing workout clothes to work: If you’re going to dress up for an event like a wedding or awards ceremony, don’t ruin your look by wearing something that’s too casual or doesn’t fit properly (i.e., it’s too tight or too loose). You don’t want people talking about how out of place you were in their Instagram stories!
- Don’t wear workout clothes when meeting with clients or coworkers outside of the gym setting. It would be great if everyone had access to gyms where we could change into appropriate attire before meeting them—but since that isn’t realistic for most people these days, try finding other ways (such as getting dressed before leaving home) so they won’t think less of us because they know what kind of workout gear we normally wear!
Think about what kind of image you want to convey.
When you’re choosing activewear, it’s important to think about the image you want to convey—not only for yourself but for others. For example, do you want to be seen as a professional athlete? Or perhaps a fitness model? Or maybe just an average person who happens to be wearing cute clothes while working out? All of the above! You can be all of these things at once!
Any style can be achieved with enough effort!
When it comes to style, there are no rules. Wear what you feel comfortable in and make sure you look good—but also be comfortable. You can’t go wrong with a solid pair of leggings or sweatpants, but don’t be afraid to try new things! If you’re not quite sure where to start, consider taking a risk now and then. While many people might think activewear has only one style and one purpose (to keep us warm), we’ve got news for them: there are plenty of different ways that activewear can be styled so that it matches your unique personality!
The most important thing in this process is to remember that everyone has their own unique style. So, don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things! You never know what might turn out great for you until you give it a shot. And remember: if at first you don’t succeed, try again!